The SWIPER® Medical Device Foam Wiper
The SWIPER is a sterile, biocompatible, fiber-free foam wiper designed for the removal of blood, contrast, and other contaminants from sterile instruments and medical devices (e.g. guidewires, stents, catheters, etc…)
Less Lint than Cotton Gauze and TELFA pads
Watch as we compare the absorbency of the SWIPER to TELFA and gauze. Then observe shed particulates from 10 ml of fluid squeezed from each product.
Independently Tested Particulate Comparison*
|Product||10 Microns||25 Microns||50 Microns||100 Microns|
*Data on file at Syntervention, Inc.
Lint fibers from cotton gauze and non-adherent pads can be transferred onto gloves, instruments, devices, into the air, and into patients.
The risk of complications like inflammation, granulomas, thrombus formation, infections, and even death have been linked to lint and fiber contamination; risks that increase readmission rates and associated costs. (Learn more)
SWIPER is durable and non-shredding.
One swipe cleans and hydrates with no lint left behind.
- Absorbs 20X its weight in saline solution
- Transfers evenly to medical device surface due to its open pore structure and conformability
- Designed for easy, repetitive manipulation
- Conformable yet maintains shape when wet
- Fits comfortably into any hand size
- Two (2) Swipers are the typical amount of product used during a single procedure
- Manage less inventory to save on shipping costs, storage space, and medical waste disposal costs
SWIPER Instructions for Use
- BPA Free
- DEHP Free
- Fiber Free
- Latex Free
- Low Particulate
- Has been used in over 100,000 procedures
- Endoscope Lenses
- Laparoscopic Lenses
- Surgical Instruments
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Ear, Nose, Throat
- General Surgery
- Interventional Radiology
- Interventional Neuro-Radiology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Peripheral Intervention
- Robotic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery